Not too many years ago you would have had to venture out of your house and down to the red light district to access such women. Not anymore. The red light district is no longer confined to one area of town–it’s everywhere. It’s one click away on any browser, and a few clicks away within almost every app. One study found that 93% of boys and 62% of girls were exposed to online p0rnography during their adolescence.
Parents Make a Huge Difference If you have a young child or children in your home who have access to any sort of technology device with wifi, please don’t be in the dark about how easy it is to stumble across p0rn. I can’t encourage you enough to take the following these steps:
1. No Smartphones, Tablets, Computers, or TVs in the Bedroom Keep
computers in an open room. Don’t allow devices in your children’s bedrooms that can access the internet or cable.
Sexting and cyberbullying occurs when others think kids are alone.
2. Don’t be afraid to be “that Parent
” who puts filters and protection programs on your child’s phone and computer.
3. Beat your child to their s_x education. Don’t let the culture and p0rnography inform your child about s_x.
4. Do an app inventory. Do you know all the apps your child has on their phone, and most importantly, what those apps do? Popular apps like Snapchat are getting kids into inappropriate situations, some with legal consequences. Never heard of Snapchat? Well that’s exactly the point—parents continually need to stay educated and research new apps their kids want to use.
5. Install Covenant Eyes to help teach your children to make wise choices about the sites they go to, knowing someone will receive a regular report of their activity. To get started with smarter parenting, download the following FREE E-BOOK: "Parenting The Internet Generation".
Set up a Family Account with Covenant Eyes to cover all your Internet devices and all the members of your family for only $15.99/month. From our informative web site learn and access free e-books and more about Smarter Parenting in This Digital Age. As a BONUS, when you sign up for our Internet Monitoring Software, YOUR First Month of Your Internet Monitoring Service is FREE!